Remembering the 7-Guest House Friends

Guys, tomorrow marks the first anniversary of our first meeting in the ICSSR-NERC Guest House for the ten-day Research Methodology Course (RM2017) organised by ICSSR-NERC, NEHU Campus, Shillong.

Looking back those days we spent together, I never expected that we will continue to connect like this, thanks to social media, particularly the WhatsApp group. Slowly, I started missing those good times. How nice you all were!

Those days, I used to be very rude, you all know. My memory about the way I treated you all never pleases me but remembering that all of you had always tried to understand me makes me realised the kind of people you all were.

In your own way, you all have always tried to help me out—sometimes with gifts, treat, and even by correcting my mistakes. On my birthday, I never expected that a birthday cake would be arranged. Oh, I let you wait till about 11:30 pm on that day. Some of the gifts you guys had presented to me as a token are no longer with me but the memory is still very fresh within me.

In the past few days, I have been thinking what I can do for you all in return. But all my thoughts remain in vain. I feel guilty that I couldn't do anything for you all. I wish I could!

Many times, I would smile at myself like a crazy man seeing all your beautiful faces in my imagination. This is how I used to do:

TENGCHI used to be straight forward. She didn’t speak much but always wants to be at the front for any good work. She is the strongest woman I have ever seen. I don’t think I will ever meet another person more kind to me than she. I hoped she will continue to inspire thousands of youths in the days to come.

ALKA had a wonderful-life. She struggles a lot in her personal life. But she will never show to anybody that she is weak. She always tries to enjoy life at the fullest, at the same time, not forgetting her duty. I saw in her the true spirit of a woman.

WALO is a true woman. She is that kind of person who would call ‘a spade, a spade’. There is no difference between human beings to her on any ground—sex, colour, status, etc. She treated everyone equally. I have full faith that she will always be her student’s favourite. A good teacher surely becomes a good mother; and good mothers create good society.

BARUL is everyone’s favourite girl. I don’t think there will be any living being on Earth who doesn’t like her. I believed that she will be able to fake a smile and never let anyone know. She is not only a real educationist and teacher but also a good humanist. She is simply the perfect lady!

LUIZ, the only friend from my home-state Manipur (among the 7 Guest House friends) is the most handsome man I have ever met in my life. He has the look/physique whom every girl would like to date. But inside, he is also a gem. I hoped the diamond in him will surely shine bright one day for our nation-INDIA.

HANG, my roommate, is no comparison in simplicity, kindness, hardwork, and also in leadership quality. If I am not mistaken, he was not only the only person who wrote a paper during our stay there but also who has a publication under his name (joint author of a book). I believed, he will be a great leader, true academic, and well known personality in Sikkim, and Northeast, some day.

DISCLAIMER: Guys, I am not claiming to know so many things about you all. These are just some of my late-night thoughts last evening. Even if it doesn’t reflect your personality, just ignore it and take it as a fun. I am just trying to show to you all that I missed those days we spent together, and everything remains fresh till today.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
***********

This is the link of a short-photo video to make those memories remained longer. The background has a beautiful song called “THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIEND” by Andrew Gold.

https://youtu.be/Nzl_MNEd2I8

(Written on the late night of Dec 2, 2018 for the 7-Guest House Friends who are very dear to me)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mukt Shabd Journal: Is it a Fake Journal?

What have the Meiteis Benefitted through this Conflict?

Narcissistic and Capricious Leadership: Do the Meiteis change their Leaders like one changes clothes?